Data Center – Rusko site key parameters
Site & Location
- RUSKO (65.05657, 25.579605)
- Greenfield, 67 hectares buildable area. Owned by city of Oulu.
- Industrial zone, logistics hub & light industry area.
- Suitable and ready for datacenter construction.
- 6km from city center, 19km from airport.
- 500+ MW of green energy available instantly from hydroelectric plants
- 150MW+, proximity to Fingrid substation.
- 99,9998% reliability can be guaranteed through Fingrid Leväsuo access (multiple 110kV feeds).
- Existing Oulun Energia power network to site, up to 20MW available as of today from the grid.
Cooling & Water
- Free air cooling opportunity 12 months / year.
- Dedicated pipeline access to river Oulu.
Redundancy through district water pipeline access.
- Option for waste heat recapture & re-use in district heating network
- Oulu FICIX hub provides redundant access with 100G+ connectivity from 5 different operators.
- 3 separate physical fiber routes from site to major
EMEA cities, e.g. Dublin, Amsterdam, Paris
- Industrial zone, lot owned by city of Oulu -> fast & guaranteed ramp-up.
- Infrastructure existing to adjacent lot.
- Environmental permitting not needed
- Zoning ready for data center use
- A strong community support for data centers and investment grant package to offer.