Oulu station centre 2025 – modern & versatile station zone
City of Oulu in co-operation with VR Group, Finnish Transport Agency, and Senate Properties started a pre-planning project for the current railway and bus station and the surrounding zone. The goal is to plan a versatile traffic, workplace, service and residence centre in the area. The area will be upgraded to a national travel centre and its travel services improved.
An architectural competition was launched to explore and examine the best ways to use the opportunities available in the area. Oulu’s Station Centre’s architectural competition received several high-quality contestants, from which ‘Tervatynnyrit’, tar barrels in Finnish, was picked as the unanimous winner. It oozes with the history of the city as a tar city, and the Station Centre will be a functionally versatile whole where transport, jobs, services, and accommodation come together. It will also unify the traditional building base of Raksila district and the well-defined City center grid plan identity.
- Investment opportunity of approx. 300 million euros
- Located at the very center of the city at the reach of every mode of transport
- High-level area regarding functionality, cityscape, and architecture
- Commercial space 29,500 m2 GFA
- Communal/public spaces 4,100 m2 GFA
- Housing area 46,700 m2 GFA
Information about Oulu´s real estate & hotel markets: